TSG Marine was founded by Managing Director, Allan Syme. The early days of TSG Marine saw Allan undertake various vessel audits, with a particular focus on Dynamic Positioning (DP) systems.
From those initial projects, we have expanded our client offering to accommodate the vast array of projects that we are brought on board to support. Today we provide engineering concept and design, project management, specialist W2W equipment hire, mobilisation/demobilisation support and Personnel Provision. We can support with integrated service packages or offer individual elements of the supply chain as required.
Our reputation for finding a better way of doing things and delivering successful projects makes us one of the leading marine engineering businesses in the UK. Our service offering includes not only supporting W2W campaigns, but also wider mobilisation and demobilisation support for specialist equipment such as ROVs (remotely operated vehicles), innovative asset life extension solutions, bespoke engineering packages and a selection of SPS products/services.
We believe strongly in continual personal development. As such, a large number of the team at TSG Marine are in further education programmes, whether that be through college, university or bespoke training packages and we are also members of “The 5% Club”. One of our founding principles was to create a supportive environment for ex-forces personnel in their transition to “civvy street”. A number of our current workforce come from operational military background, with all three armed services represented.
Company formed as TSG Marine based in Glasgow, Scotland with Allan working on various bespoke consultation projects.
First North Sea Walk to Walk Project, Project Managed by Allan onboard the Despina and Larrissa Vessels on contract to Talisman (now Repsol).
– First Walk to Walk gangway system at height.
TSG Marine established as an Engineering Consultancy in the North East with first full time employees began work based at A&P Tyne.
Rapid expansion to provide Walk to Work and Bespoke Engineering Projects
– First Heave compensated lifeboat installation
Rebranded, expanded and purchased new premises within Monkton Business Park, Hebburn.
Established Asset Maintenance Support Services
Accredited Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2008
Expanded into Port of Blyth with addition facilities including office space and workshop.
Joined in collaboration with IE to provide SPS Solutions in the marine and offshore environment.
– Additional Engineering Services added including 3D Laser Survey and reverse engineering.
– WROV mobilised as part of engineering and W2W mobilisation/ demobilisation services.
Exhaust wraps introduced as potential life extension solution for offshore assets.
– Accredited Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems ISO 18001:2007
– Awarded Bronze Employer Award in the Armed Forces Covenant.
Launch of additional Bridge Maintenance and life extension support solutions including 3D laser surveys of bridges.
– Awarded Silver Employer Award in the Armed Forces Covenant
– One of the first companies in the North East to be awarded Accredited Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2015
First contracts to design and engineer and project manage winch support structures in the North East.
– Launch of Personnel Provision Solutions, providing personnel to onshore and offshore projects.
– Working towards ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems changeover